Monday, May 27, 2019

#2 First Hangout Meeting

Last Tuesday, I had my first Hangout meeting with my mentors. Here's the recap:
  • We completed the student-mentor agreement for GSoC, 2019, which was to be mailed to the org admin.
  • Meanwhile, the mentors had a bit of a hard time pronouncing my name, as one can imagine, with the strong H sounds in Indian names!
  • My mentors helped me set up the OfflineValidatorTests class, which would be required to test the tests I write!
    • The run configuration of the Java class was updated with the directory path to the test files, the range of the test codes, and the filter 'xml'.
    • The program was executed successfully for the layout package, but when we tried to run it with the configuration for spatial, it faltered and ran checks for core. 
    • The problem was figured out by my mentor and was fixed the very next day.
  • In the end, it was decided that we'll be meeting every Tuesday evening (IST). I also resolved a couple of doubts regarding the tests and with that, we concluded our meeting.
For the remaining time in the community bonding period, I decided to go through the implementations of constraints from other packages and try to resolve any issues I encounter along the way.

Till next time,
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment